Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My baby gal's turning 1 this weekend


Over the last few weeks, i've been frantically planning for my baby Alyssa's first birthday party that's coming this Saturday. I so wanted it to be perfect for my little gem though she wouldn't know a thing nor remember it in time to come. But hey being blessed with technology nowdays, there's the camera for the pictures that would prove to her that we did throw her a little bash. I know a lot of people says the first few birthday parties are more for the parents than the child but i beg to differ.


When i was little, my parents have thrown my brother and me every birthday till we outgrew it ourselves when we turned teens. And now looking at all those pictures, it just made me feel really loved and cherished although yes i don't have any recollection of it other than what the pictures shows me. I guess what i'm trying to say is that i wish my daughter would someday in the future look back at all the memories we would have made for her and felt that she's been loved and cherished too.


I've baked and iced a few cakes by now can't say i'm really great at it but i'm trying :) hopefully she'll be proud of her mama for her efforts at the very least. The teddy bear cake was made with Wilton's novelty pan in case you're wondering how i achieved it opppsss there goes my little secret. I think little teddy looks a little naked here, will dress her up a little on the actual day. This cake will be made for her little party at her daycare centra 'Penguins' on Friday, i hope all the other bubba's and her teachers would like it, its a rich dark chocolate cake iced with buttercream. Will post some pictures of the finished cake soon.

No comments: